We are looking to migrate to a new infrastructure that will have new IP spaces for the server vlans. Is there documentation to re IP the primary UIM servers? Is this supported by CA? Can someone provide a solution to change IPs on the UIM 8.51 servers?
yes, this is supported.
Best practice to change the Hub IP
Yes i found that article but it doesn't encompass the primary NMS server the Primary USM/UMP and cabi servers. Those are not just hubs or robots. Those are the core servers for UIM. Is that supported and is there documentation for it? Can you provide steps and things to consider?
the above link is perfectly valid.
For additional information I copy some data from other thread provided by Gene_Howard:
Below is a General situation for moving systems
1) for the primary server if the IP address and host name change below are the things you would need to consider
- all robot and hub.cfg files would need to be changed on the primary and any robot that connects to it
- All tunnels setup would need to be changed.
- you would need to do re-discovery for the system to populate with new information.
2) for the SQL server database change in IP and or name
-The main thing to deal with is going to be the data_engine configuration as most things will pull from this one connection string
to make their connections.
_ should review dap and or wasp connections to make sure they are not affect depending on client setup
_ would need ot check the UR setup as well for the connection to the UR database
3) UMP / UR Robot changing name and IP address
-really just need to change the robot.cfg on wasp and check the wasp.cfg for IP address changes
- should do a discovery reset for this system as well.
for 1 and 2 above you should clear the hubs.sds and robots.sds file from the hub directory on the primary.
If you are still not confident I recommend you to open a support ticket so you can get Support to help in case of problems.
Manually touching multiple config files to make changes is one of the difficult process.
Alternatively setup a new primary hub with the same domain name would be an option. Let me know if you have more questions