DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Nimrecoder does not record action from mozilla browser

Posted Mar 22, 2017 05:51 AM
      |   view attached

I am using nimrecorder 5 with appmon 1.97. I am trying to perform below action. In this case i am unable to perform clickonhtml. It fails with html element not found. I have tried #htmlpostry too.

I have even tried the clickonbitmap, but it fails with image synchronization.  

Instead of clicking on button i have even tried to send enter, but it fails with n window specified.  

I tried to do manual login and then started recording, I have observed that particular action is also not recorded in script. 

I have attached screen shot of login page, highlighted button is  on which clickhtmlelement is performing. 

Below is my script. 

StartBrowser("FF", "http://cobalt/Cobalt/login.html", 3)

Pause 3 sec

UsePage("COBALT | Login")

WriteHTML("INPUT TEXT[ID='username']", "xyz")

pause 2 sec

WriteHTML("INPUT PASSWORD[ID='password']", "xyz")

pause 2 sec

sendkeys("<Enter>")

pause 2 sec

#htmlposretry=2

ClickHTMLElement("BUTTON[INNERTEXT='ログイン']")

Please help.

• 2.  Re: Nimrecoder does not record action from mozilla browser

Posted Mar 22, 2017 07:59 AM

Hi,

Do you see the same issue if you IE? 

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Nimrecoder does not record action from mozilla browser

Posted Mar 22, 2017 12:56 PM

I don't see this issue on IE. But this web site is Firefox and chrome compatible only. To run this website on IE additional chrome BHO extension to be needed in IE. But in this case if we enable both extension nimrecorder does not respond and error pop up to enable the WTbho extension. 

My IE version is 10 and my WTbho is showing not verified. 

• 4.  Re: Nimrecoder does not record action from mozilla browser

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 10:29 AM

It's been a while since I've dealt with e2e_appmon, but I believe the Firefox browser needs an add-on to fully expose the DOM.  This is from the release notes:

To successfully execute web-based scripts, enable WTBho Class, a NimRecorder add-on,  on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.

Follow these steps:

1. Verify that the environment is properly configured during the first run. For example, execute the 'internet connect' wizard.
    2. (Internet Explorer) Ensure that no Internet Explorer instances are open during installation.
    3. Enable WTBho, as applicable for your browser:
      • (Internet Explorer) Select Tools > Internet options > Programs. Click Manage add-ons and enable WTBho from the displayed list.
      • (Firefox) Select Add-ons > Extensions, and enable the NimRecorder extension.
      • (Chrome) Select Settings > Extensions, and enable the NimRecorder extension. 
    4. Restart NimRecorder after installation.

Note: After you upgrade your browser, ensure that WTBho is still enabled. This check ensures continuous monitoring of your webpages even after browser upgrade.

• 5.  Re: Nimrecoder does not record action from mozilla browser

Posted Mar 22, 2017 12:59 PM

I am having  Firefox and chrome with latest version. In this case nimrecorder extension in both browser is disabled state, due to browser security policy. If i install new version of extension in chrome, it does not works with nimrecorder 5. 

Does upgrading nimrecorder to latest version resolve this. Can i need to update probe also.