DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Best way to classify alarms by specific classes

Posted Nov 23, 2017 11:36 AM

Hi everyone.

We have a domain with about 1,000 robots. I'm working to classify all alarms that I receive in 4 classes:

1 - Availability
    2 - Performance
    3 - Failure
    4 - Capacity

So, I have a system that will import all content from the UIM "NAS_TRANSACTION_SUMMARY" table and show the alarms classified by the four classes above.

Can you guys help me with some suggestions to how I may work on this?

I was thinking edit every subsys id from probes, putting a new pattern but maybe anyone has a better idea.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.: Sorry for my poor English.

• 2.  Re: Best way to classify alarms by specific classes

Posted Nov 26, 2017 02:14 PM

Hi,

Subsystem or maybe a pattern in the message. Not sure if you want to filter all alarms or not... (Subsystem should not be enougth to do that however). 

There is internal alarms to handle too (the probe source : robot, vmware, hub etc..)

Best Regards,

Thomas

• 3.  Re: Best way to classify alarms by specific classes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2017 01:21 PM

Why not use User Tags?

• 4.  Re: Best way to classify alarms by specific classes

Posted Dec 01, 2017 01:03 PM

Hi,

Lot of solutions available... Totally depend if the customer already use user tag 1 and 2 (most of my customers already use these fields for enrichment purpose).

For me, my latest probe is well designed to handle these needs (whatever the concerned fields...) 

GitHub - UIM-Community/static_enrichment: CA UIM - Static message enrichment 

Best Regards,

Thomas

• 5.  Re: Best way to classify alarms by specific classes

Posted Dec 05, 2017 08:58 AM

Hi Thomas, thank you for your reply.

We already use the tag1 and tag2.

I decided to use the "custom 5" alarm field. I'm creating a little system that check the alarme and include the right information at "custom 5" by API.

I'm checking your probe, thanks.

I'm currently using some lua scripts + nas auto operator to enrichment tag1 and tag2.

Well, thank you all.

Regards.