DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

• 1.  Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Posted Mar 31, 2017 04:46 AM

I am new to CA UIM Deployment & need some help in order to setup.We have two DCs namely DC3 & DC4 We are going to setup Primary Hub + Primary Hub HA in DC3 to collect monitoring data from robots in DC3 & Secondary Hub + Secondary Hub HA in DC4 to collect monitoring data in DC4. What is best approach to create a tunnel & queues for my Hubs to talk to each other ?

• 2.  Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2017 07:59 AM

Hello.

It is advised that you engage professional service for best practical implementation consultation.

Typical config is

- Tunnel

Connect hub to hub in between firewall / VPN.

- Queue

Configure GET queue in Upstream HUB to subscribe ATTACH queue in Downstream HUB.

Regards,

Yu

• 3.  Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2017 07:59 AM

I would suggest setting both hubs in DC3 up as tunnel servers

Set both hubs in DC4 as tunnels clients

Have each hub in DC4 have a tunnel to each of the hubs in DC3 to you would have a total of two tunnels on each hub in DC4

Hope this helps

• 4.  Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Posted Apr 03, 2017 06:19 AM

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your response !!  how can i setup the  primary HUB HA ? do i need to run the secondary hub installer ? 

• 5.  Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 10:21 AM

yes run a secondary hub installer

then you can drag and drop the other probes needed from the archive to the new HA hub

Make sure to change the origin on the hub to match  primary.

• 6.  Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Posted Apr 04, 2017 03:20 AM

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the reply !! I installed the primary HUB - HA using Secondary hub installer & added the below probes :-

data_engine,ppm probe,nas ,distsrv,sla_engine 

after  deploying the probes, the data_engine, nas & sla_engine probe shows down. 

Also , do we need to deploy wasp probe as well ? since admin console will be down from primary hub & sholud be accessible from Primary Hub-HA ?

• 7.  Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:19 AM

Hi Orwin,

yes you can deploy the wasp probe and the following to additional packages to get AC to work on your HA hub

uimhome

adminconsoleapp

NAS should be active but the others should be deactivated when HA is not going on.

I would suggest you follow the documentation on setting up bidirectional replication between the two hubs.

Also check the controller.cfg on the primary and look for the startafter = lines

make the controller.cfg on the HA hub the same for each probe.

• 8.  Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 10:49 AM

Orwin, just to make sure you've seen it - the hub documentation should help with setting up the environment. HERE is the HA release notes and config guide.

• 9.  RE: Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Posted Nov 25, 2019 01:44 PM
    Hello The hub Documentation link if broken it takes you to a search and not to any hub documentation.

• 10.  RE: Re: Creating tunnel & queues in CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2019 03:56 PM
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/hub.html