DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading failover hub to 8.5.1

Posted Oct 13, 2017 11:15 AM

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our UIM 8.5 to version 8.5.1

The main question that we have is what procedure should we execute on the failover hub (which has the same probes as the primary hub)?

Should we use a similar procedure to the Primary Hub or should we use the procedure for secondary hubs (only drag and drop the Hub probe)?

Has anyone tested this before?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Upgrading failover hub to 8.5.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2017 06:37 AM

Tome Pessegueiro, You only upgrade of the UIM Server using the 8.5.1 installer. Any other hub in the same instance must be upgraded as a secondary hub.

• 3.  Re: Upgrading failover hub to 8.5.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2017 06:44 AM

Aster successful installation of new version on primary hub, all probes should be upgraded on secondary hubs to patch.

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  Re: Upgrading failover hub to 8.5.1

Posted Oct 16, 2017 06:53 AM

I will try to post a document next week about installation and setup of a failover hub.

The preferred method in that doc is to use a second time the UIM server installer with same domain name and user/password and with another hubname + shutdown primary during install secondary.

After the install of the secondary deactivate the critical probes & shutdown secondary. Than start the primary and when running ok, start the secondary. At that moment you are ready to setup the HA probe.

ps if it's urgent you can send me an email to have a work copy

• 5.  Re: Upgrading failover hub to 8.5.1

Posted Oct 16, 2017 07:42 AM

Hi Luc,

We would like to upgrade ASAP to version 8.5.1. We are having a few issues with version 8.5 and CA support recommended that we upgrade.

We installed the failover hub as you described. But we were unsure on how to upgrade it - if using the same method as in the first installation, or if upgrading the failover hub as any other secondary hub.

We've received feed-back saying that we should upgrade it as we would for any other secondary hub (upgrading Hub probe).

If you are going to create a document on how to install/upgrade, then I would be interested in having it ASAP (work copy).