DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  ACLs to allow access to Admin Console

Posted May 03, 2017 09:59 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to setup some accounts and users on UMP (Portlet Configuration -> Accounts), so that some of them can also access the Admin Console.

Does anyone know which ACL properties must me activated to allow a UMP user to access the Admin Console?

I've tried a few. For example:

- Probe Basic

- Probe Configuration

I've added these to the Operator ACL, but when tring to access Admin Console, an error comes up on the screen:

"Unable to sign in. Additional setup is required. Please contact your system administrator."

Only Administrator ACL seems to be able to access the AC.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: ACLs to allow access to Admin Console

• 3.  Re: ACLs to allow access to Admin Console

Posted May 04, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi Phani,

Thanks for your reply.

However, even after I enabled all the ACLs described on the document you sent, I am still getting the same error message...

Have you been successful in configuring access to other users other than those with Administration Account?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: ACLs to allow access to Admin Console

Posted May 04, 2017 07:55 PM

I just tried setting up an ACL with only the permissions listed in the document and assign it to a user . I was able to login to Admin Console .

Just a note, its Admin Console 2 and not the older one. I remember I was trying to do something similar with the older version a while back and was not successful, this might be something available with the new AC2. 

Which one are you using?  

• 5.  Re: ACLs to allow access to Admin Console

Posted May 05, 2017 05:36 AM

I'm using WASP probe version 8.50, so I believe it's already AC2 (which has been released with UIM 8.4.7, as far as I could figure out).

Do you have only WASP probe deployed on your UMP robot, or are you using other probes that may add other features to it?

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: ACLs to allow access to Admin Console

Posted May 07, 2017 08:01 PM

I am on 8.4.7 and yes its a default configuration..nothing special . Just make sure you applied all the needed ACL's

The user I have applied the ACL belongs to a specific customer account 

• 7.  Re: ACLs to allow access to Admin Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2017 05:45 AM

I believe Account User with Administrator ACL would be enough.

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 8.  Re: ACLs to allow access to Admin Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2017 11:38 PM

We are investigating this the cause of the problem at CASE #00741787.

ACL is not the cause. We are suspecting origin facilitator (hub or robot) is related.

I will post once I find something.