DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Discovering power device on Nimsoft

Posted Jun 05, 2017 05:24 AM

Hello Guys.

Please I'm having challenges discovering power devices on nimsoft. I first created a template, discovered the devices on dcim administrator but when i discover the device on UMP it doesn't generate any metrics for the devices.

Running UIM 8.2.

Thanks 

• 2.  Re: Discovering power device on Nimsoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 08:57 AM

Hi steelzik1

we would first need to understand if the devices simply have no QOS being reported for them, or if there is no metrics visible in the USM due to some other issue.

Can you create a Performance Report via Performance Report Designer for these devices? And do you see data there? What data do you expect to see?

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 3.  Re: Discovering power device on Nimsoft

Posted Jun 14, 2017 07:40 AM

Hello Martin.

Thanks for the response.

Can you create a Performance Report via Performance Report Designer for these devices? yes i can see information such as battery temperature,battery current,battery time remaining and battery charging status.

And when I create a template on DCIM administrator I'm able to pick these informations.

Also on DCIM probe used for monitoring power devices I can see that the power devices are in the probe.

But the challenge is the customer needs it to display on UMP dashboard, where is triggers alarm of high temperature, low voltage input and battery status. Just the way alarms are displayed for servers and network devices.

Thanks & Regards  

• 4.  Re: Discovering power device on Nimsoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 09:21 PM

Hello.

Device discovery is not responsible for metrics collection for the device.

As Martin Fink said, it depends on which monitoring (QOS producing) probes are working with the device.

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 5.  Re: Discovering power device on Nimsoft

Posted Jun 14, 2017 07:43 AM

Hello Yu

Initially i used the power probe but never got any information regarding the devices been added.

Now am using the dcim probe after which i run a discovery wizard using snmp.

• 6.  Re: Discovering power device on Nimsoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2017 10:27 AM

Hello Valentine, in case this question is answered could you please mark this thread as answered as well ?

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner