DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Daniel Blanco

Daniel BlancoMay 10, 2017 10:53 AM

• 1.  What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Posted Apr 21, 2017 03:02 PM

Hello, so I just had to re-setup a new cabi deployment since the upgrade to cabi 2.10 broke everything. 

I now can only log in with the default superuser/superuser account.

What is the default user/password/organization to log into CABI as a UIM user?

My uim u/p does not work.

-==Edited Title for this question==-

• 2.  Re: What is the default cabi user login

Posted Apr 23, 2017 10:13 PM

There isint anything like a default user/password/organization to log into CABI as a UIM user other than the superuser

I was looking for a similar option some time back and what I found was that you would not be able to login to cabi directly using the users which are synchronised from UIM .  The users created during the sycn are treated as external users and authenticated by UIM when you click on the "Go to CABI Server Home" link from the cabi portlet and cabi/Jasperserver uses keystore for authentication

As a workaround you need to login as superuser to cabi and create a new user under the UIM organisation with which you can login directly to cabi

To create a user, login to cabi, go to Manage-->Users from the menu , select the UIM folder and create a user. This creates a user for UIM org, same can be done if you want to create a user for the individual origins/organisations under UIM .

When you are trying to login with the new user directly in CABI, use the Org as UIM and the new user credentials . This will work 

Hope this helps 

• 3.  Re: What is the default cabi user login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2017 06:56 AM

Hi Daniel,

can you try superuser/superuser without filling out the organization field?

Also, as Phani commented, you should be able to log in with your Nimbus users to the UIM organization. The default should be the administrator user and the same password you would use in IM.

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 4.  Re: What is the default cabi user login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2017 09:44 AM

Hey Dan, this is documented in the CABI install guide here, under 'change the default CABI credentials':

Install or Upgrade CA Business Intelligence with CA UIM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.5.1 - CA Technologies… 

The default username and password is 'superuser'.

Hope that helps to clear things up.

Phil

• 5.  Re: What is the default cabi user login

Posted Apr 24, 2017 10:12 AM

I know about the superuser/super user.  I already stated that:

"I now can only log in with the default superuser/superuser account."

In my other CABI deployment with CA SOI, all the users were pulled in from SOI into CABI all got the same userIDs but the password was a combo of:  SAM+<userID>. Those users can log directly into CABI and do report tasks. 

So UIM implemented CABI their own way? So glad there is 0 synchronization between all the different BU's at CA.  

So w/in UIM now, if someone wants to log directly into UIM's dedicated CABI box to create their own dashboards, reports etc, they would have to do it thru the UMP, then click on the "Unified Dashbaords > CA Business Intelligences Dasbhards then the >  Go to CABI Server Home "

Alternatively, if UIM users wanted to directly log into CABI, I'd have to re-create all the existing users individually. Wow....

• 6.  Re: What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Posted Apr 25, 2017 11:33 AM

Am I correct in understanding what you said? That the users that are imported into CABI directly from UIM not able to log into CABI directly? 

• 7.  Re: What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Posted Apr 25, 2017 06:55 PM

Hi Daniel,

Yes, this is what my understanding is . There isn't anything written in the documentation about this ,but I have done some searches and tried it myself when I was researching on how to login to cabi without UIM. I had to create a new user and assign it to the Org so that the user can login to cabi directly without authenticating through UIM

Anyone from CA can confirm or correct me if I am wrong 

-Phani

• 8.  Re: What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2017 11:14 AM

Hi Phani,

You are correct in UIM 8.51 and CABI 2.0 the UIM users that are imported into CABI can not login directly to the CABI portal.

The passwords from UIM to CABI are not synchronized.

I could not find any information currently on how this could be done.

• 9.  Re: What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Posted May 10, 2017 11:45 AM

Hi Gene,

My point is in the other CA product I use, Service Operations Insight (SOI) implemented the integration between CABI and SOI the way I expected this UIM & CABI to perform. Users can log directly into CABI webpage using their existing SOI accounts with the modified PW and then change after the fact.

Just thinking ahead when all the CA products finally settle on using a unified CABI base version (Spectrum, UIM, SOI, etc..) how are all the users going to be sync'd? Right now every product has to use their own instance of a CABI server and there was mention of settling on the standard CABI for all products can use. 

I know this isn't directed specifically at you but more of a cross BU PM question/concern.

• 10.  RE: Re: What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Posted May 14, 2020 02:03 PM
    Is this still the case with UIM 20.1 and CABI 4.2?

• 11.  RE: Re: What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 02:07 PM
    So yes, with bundled CABI the users who are imported from UIM can not login directly to the CABI portal.
    This was by design as far as I understand.
    The end-users were expected to only access CABI through the UMP.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 12.  Re: What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?

Posted May 10, 2017 10:53 AM

Bumping... 

• 13.  RE: Re: What is the default uim cabi user pw to login?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 02:13 PM
    Sorry I can not speak for the PM team on this.
    I know UIM does support an external CABI installation.
    It is my understanding that the external CABI can be set up with LDAP authentication.
    So in theory, if you have set up LDAP authentication to UIM and in External CABI then the users should be able to use LDAP authentication in both.
    I would NOT expect SSO to work. IE you log in to UMP and then go directly to CABI and not be challenged for authentication.

I have not tested this ....
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/business-intelligence/6-4-3/administration/configuring-ldap-authentication.html

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom