DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can you use an or statement in a filter rule in the nutanix probe?

Posted Feb 13, 2017 10:01 AM

To sum up quickly I have about 8 cluster names in my nutanix probe example ("acb-rf, bca-rf, bca-ef, abc-el, abc-es, rde-rf, apl-rf, ble-rf, etc...")

I have my template created with the metrics I want collected and the alarms I want triggered at what thresholds.

I would like to setup a rule within a  filter that says, " Label Equals ab* or af* or bc* so that the filter applies the template to those clusters that pass that expression and disregards the rest. Has anyone done anything like this within the same rule or is this possible?

• 2.  Re: Can you use an or statement in a filter rule in the nutanix probe?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 05:54 AM

Dear rtirak

I could not find an answer this question either, can you open a support case for this question so we can further follow up with the probe team? This might need to be dealt with via an idea but it would be good to get a confirmation for you.

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 3.  Re: Can you use an or statement in a filter rule in the nutanix probe?

Posted Feb 16, 2017 06:33 AM

Martin,

I have created a case with CA and it looks like the Java Regex Parser version that is used does not support the | (or) pipe. Really makes me scratch my head. Further more tho I am having a problem even getting a simple regex statement to work.

A quick little bit of background we have 8 clusters all named with 2 or 3 characters. (Ex. DR, PRD, NP, NP-LX, STG, etc....)

I want the filter to go through the cluster names and and apply it self to any that start with NP. None of the regex statements I have tried work at all.

At first I was trying to get the filter to use the Or pipe so I could use one filter rule for multiple cluster names but as I said according to support the OR pipe is not supported.

Have you seen anything like this? Or any other suggestions?

Robert Tirak

Modis E&T Contractor At Erie Insurance Group/ 814.870.7014<tel:814.870.7014>