In what all ways restful webservice will help in daily activities , I have already reviewed the docs …need some inputs from users in real time.Thanks!
you can achieve any kind of automation by calling UIM restful webservices (e.g. invoke a callback via curl) or just to report on elements per group or simply to extract qos metrics and integrate UIM with 3rd party solutions via API.
You could use the rest services for:
- define maintenance calendar and add devices in that dalendar
- genarate almost every pu command
- get alarms
- get hub and robot list & info
Hi luc ,
Can you give some sample how can enable maintenance .
If you look at: Maintenance Mode via command line 2.6 (rest api) , you can find a Perl example how to define a calendar and add devices into that maintenance calendar.
The problem if defining a maintenance via REST services that this is a 3 step process:
- create calendar (and save the calendar id)
- get dev_id of device(s) that you want to put in maintenance
- add the dev_id in the calendar_id
So it will not work with hostname or IP address.
Not the last time I looked into the rest manual, it was still a very user unfriendly process.
But when using the rest services in a script, it's doable.
Thanks Luc ,will try some examples