DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

CAMM custom device pack

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  CAMM custom device pack

Posted 09-08-2016 04:25 AM

I'm interested in knowing if it's possible to create from scratch a custom device pack in CAMM.

• 2.  Re: CAMM custom device pack
    Best Answer

Posted 09-08-2016 09:34 PM

Hi Catalin,

Yes, you can create a custom device pack in CAMM from scratch. Normally, this is done by CA Services as a paid engagement by customer request or alternately, you can raise a certification request via an idea on this community wall and if its popular enough, CA Product Management will consider creating a new device pack for it and include it in the next release.

However, to do this yourself, you can download the CA Mediation Manager 2.8.0 Device Pack Customization Tool.tar as follows and use it (it does require some knowledge of the product and time);

1. Login to support.ca.com as normal

2. Navigate to; 

Download Centre -> Products

3. Populate the fields with;

Select a Product   = CA MEDIATION MANAGER - MULTI-PLATFORM

Select a Release   = 2.8

Show me published solutions for this release

All components

Click on 'Go'

4. When the Downloads page appears, download;

CA Mediation Manager 2.8.0 Device Pack Customization Tool.tar

GEN05113602E.tar

This is a Java application so you will need a reasonably up to date Java environment to run it on.

• 3.  Re: CAMM custom device pack

Posted 09-09-2016 05:50 AM

Hi,

I've seen it mentioned in the documentation, but the only reference was to modifying existing device certifications. Is there any documentation available on how to use this tool? Any other except this section on the wiki.ca.com? 

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: CAMM custom device pack

Posted 02-08-2017 10:39 AM

Hi Mohammed,

I'd like to play around with that myself but I can't download it because it's not shown to me. Do you have an idea why?

rgds Steve

• 5.  Re: CAMM custom device pack

Posted 02-08-2017 11:02 PM

Hi Steve,

This is most likely due to your entitlements not matching up with what's recorded in the support.ca.com db against your login/site ID. Best to call our Global Support Centre (Contact CA Support - CA Technologies in the top right hand corner of the support.ca.com, select the website in your country) and raise it with them. They can correct this for you.

• 6.  Re: CAMM custom device pack

Posted 02-09-2017 02:22 AM

Hi Steve,

as partner you can order for testing the software, There will be an partner testing form available from your CA contact. After approval you see the download (for ever). If you need help give me a call.

Alex