DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA UIM Interface  aide

Posted Nov 15, 2016 03:13 PM

J’ai deux questions, je vais commencer par décrire les composants de la plateforme,

Nous avons une plateforme UIM qui supervise un ensemble des switches.

On utilise les deux probes snmpCollector et interface_traffic.

Case 1 :

Certaines des switchs ont les interfaces Down, mais la solution affiche toujours (admin_status up et oper_status up), est-ce qu’il y a un autre QOS pour superviser le statut des interfaces

Case 2:

On veut avoir un taux de disponibilité global et mensuel de l’ensemble des équipements, est-ce qu’il y a moyen d’avoir ceci.

• 2.  Re: CA UIM Interface  aide

Posted Nov 16, 2016 03:01 AM

If I have translated and understood your question correctly

Case 1:  snmpcollector and net_connect are the two probe that are helpful if you are using snap . snmpcollector should not be showing the ifOperStatus and ifAdminStatus to be anything different than what is set of the device 

Could you post a screen shot of which variables you are looking at in snmpcollector?

Case 2: Availability reports for network devices would be bit tricky here..specially if u are using SNAP.  One option is to create a group of devices in USM and run a TopN report against it 

You can even use the performance reports or the List view to configure some reports 

• 3.  Re: CA UIM Interface  aide

Posted Nov 16, 2016 05:16 AM

for case 1 :

These screenshot were taken at the same time, and in QOS_interface_adminsStatus i get always (statut = 1)  despite the interface is down.

About case 2 : I need to have aggregation of availability of all devices in a period of time.it means a single value for all device.

Thanks you 

• 4.  Re: CA UIM Interface  aide

Posted Nov 16, 2016 07:26 PM

I am not sure the Admin Status and Oper Status info which you see under the Interfaces tab is live , I guess thats something which is checked and reported during the discovery initial discovery.

In the snmpcollector if you get to the device interface level you see two variables "AdminStatusPollable" and "OperStatusPollable"  enable them and see if it helps 

Case 2: Not sure is is possible out of the box.  Unified Reporter might be useful, you can use it to build custom reports