DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Why is the deprecated alarmconsole the default for viewing alarms in UIM 8.2?

Posted Jul 25, 2016 06:24 PM

It seems that on every alarm we double click from UMP it opens a window to alarm console portlet which we have never configured or used before. Our UIM 8.41 Dev environment opens them fine in alarm view but production (8.2) does not, and I can't recall any changes I have made that would have changed that.

See the following link these alarms open in "https://UMPaddress.edu/alarmconsole/jsp/standalone.jsp "  (notice alarm console)

Anyone having this issue? Where can I set it to use USM alarm view?

Thanks !

A

• 2.  Re: Why is the deprecated alarmconsole the default for viewing alarms in UIM 8.4?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 09:34 AM

Hi Alberto,

this is strange, ump_alarmconsole is not deployed on fresh install since UMP 8.2. Where from do you click the alarms that take you to the alarmconsole? Can you load a screenshot?

• 3.  Re: Why is the deprecated alarmconsole the default for viewing alarms in UIM 8.2?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 11:10 AM

Marco,

Apologies I confused our environments. This issue is happening in our 8.2 production not out 8.4 dev. In our 8.4 dev environment, alarms clicked from any list view or anywhere else will open correctly into a new USM alarm view.

Notice below how they open correctly when I double click from a list view into a new usm alarm window for that specific alarm.

Where our production would take me to the "alarm console" portlet with the "https://UMPaddress.edu/alarmconsole/jsp/standalone.jsp "  address. Now it's just an error saying "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression."

Thanks for the help!

A

• 4.  Re: Why is the deprecated alarmconsole the default for viewing alarms in UIM 8.2?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 12:13 PM

Hi Alberto.

I have seen the "...unsupported form of compression" errors before when using the Firefox browser.  Do you get better results with IE or Chrome?

If this does not help, you might need to go to a newer version of UIM/UMP in your production environment.

Dan

• 5.  Re: Why is the deprecated alarmconsole the default for viewing alarms in UIM 8.2?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 12:31 PM

Hello,

Whether I tried to open this in IE, firefox or chrome, this should NOT be re-directing me to "https://umpip.edu/ALARMCONSOLE/jsp/standalone.jsp ". I really don't understand how upgrading a production environment to a higher UIM is suggested resolution for this issue.

IE goes to blank page. But Chrome opens the image below (so did firefox up until last week, then I got the error mentioned)

It seems I will have to create a support issue for this. Thanks,

A

• 6.  Re: Why is the deprecated alarmconsole the default for viewing alarms in UIM 8.2?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 12:35 PM

Try stopping the wasp

delete the contents of the folder \wasp\work\

clear browser cache

activate wasp, try again

• 7.  Re: Why is the deprecated alarmconsole the default for viewing alarms in UIM 8.2?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 12:50 PM

Ok, thanks for that suggestion! I will have to to wait for an opportune time to restart (we have wasp load-balanced on two servers).

I will clarify if this resolved the issue.

Thanks,

A

• 8.  Re: Why is the deprecated alarmconsole the default for viewing alarms in UIM 8.2?

Posted Aug 01, 2016 02:21 PM

Hello,

I was not able to implement suggested resolutions (deleting /work folder). Nonetheless our wasp server was restarted over the weekend and after this alarms started opening in USM alarm view again.

Don't know what happened to get to alarm console and not sure what made it go away. Will remain a mystery.Thank for all your help.

A