DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Issue with attach queue which is getting stuck

Posted May 31, 2017 10:46 AM

Hi All,

I am facing issue with lower layer HUB server which is connected to tunnel for getting the alarms and QOS data but every time data get stuck on lowar layer and we have to again refresh the queue so is there any script which can watch the quque and refresh it so that issue can automatcally resolve.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 2.  Re: Issue with attach queue which is getting stuck

Posted May 31, 2017 08:49 PM

Try the below , this helps you with keeping track of queue status 

http://marketplace.ca.com/shop/uim/ca-uim-hub-queue-statistics-probe.html 

• 3.  Re: Issue with attach queue which is getting stuck

Posted Jun 01, 2017 12:16 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for update but it will only give the statistics or count of queue and their data but it will not take any action based on the data which are queued, if there is any option or call back which can refresh the queue while data get queued on the attached queue.

Thanks,

• 4.  Re: Issue with attach queue which is getting stuck

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 01:57 AM

Hello.

What do you mean "refresh" ?

Deactivate and activate GET queue in upper layer HUB ?

Regards,

Yu

• 5.  Re: Issue with attach queue which is getting stuck

Posted Jun 01, 2017 03:33 AM

we have to do the right click on tunnel to disconnect and wait for some time to connect and then right click on queue to refresh and it will work to resolve the piledup issue.

and then data getting forwarded the upper layer which is tunnel.

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: Issue with attach queue which is getting stuck

Posted Jun 01, 2017 07:34 AM

You don't mention what versions of the hub you are using - that would be helpful. As would the platform. Also would be good to know how many get queues are being run on the upstream hub.

The message passing functionality in the hub is pretty bulletproof. I have literally thousands of such scenarios and can say that I've not run into any cases where the queues hung up for no external reason. 

As a starting point, I would make sure that you are running the latest hub code CA Unified Infrastructure Management Hotfix Index - CA Technologies .

And look at it from a network standpoint - these hub to hub connections are persistent. Some firewalls will drop old connections regardless of whether they are moving data or not - Juniper I think does that by default. Or even the possibility of a duplicate IP causing packets to get lost.

-Garin 

• 7.  Re: Issue with attach queue which is getting stuck

Posted Jun 01, 2017 08:59 AM

Hi Garin,

Thanks for this information, we are using the CA UIM version 8.51 on windows 2008 sp1 and hub version is 7.91.on Linux

upper layer tunnel subscribe count is 26 which include the Alarms & qos queue, I also suspect the issue with Network but I need some workaround which will resolve the issue.

for example if the data get queued then it should auto disconnect and connect the tunnel and refresh the queue and most of the time we have observed after this exercise the issue got resolved.

Thanks

Naveen

• 8.  Re: Issue with attach queue which is getting stuck

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 10:02 PM

Use the latest hub and robot hotfix available in the link Garin mentioned. Thanks Garin for posting.

If these does not help please contact Tech Support.

Regards,

Yu Ishitani