DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Any  place where I can find the industry standard standard threshold levels for MS SQL and other probes.

Posted Aug 01, 2016 11:43 AM

I want to set threshold for MS SQL monitoring attributes. What should be the values..preferably industry standards.

• 2.  Re: Any  place where I can find the industry standard standard threshold levels for MS SQL and other probes.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2016 09:22 AM

You would need to check  with the Target system being monitored vendor for that type of information.

• 3.  Re: Any  place where I can find the industry standard standard threshold levels for MS SQL and other probes.

Posted Aug 02, 2016 09:39 AM

We have Ca UIM only. to monitor MS SQL DB performance. Is there any place where I can learn what are the key metrics which we should monitor with it's threshold value.

• 4.  Re: Any  place where I can find the industry standard standard threshold levels for MS SQL and other probes.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2016 09:47 AM

This is highly dependent on your business needs and the needs of the individuals or teams who will be performing the monitoring.  There is not really a "one size fits all" or even a "best practice" for monitoring in most cases.

There is an excellent reply by Garin Walsh in the following thread which discusses this in some detail:

Tricky question, what do you monitor? Has anyone found a way to answer this?

What it comes down to is that the stakeholders involved who are familiar with and/or responsible for the SQL DB Servers will need to be consulted to determine what information is most valuable to them.  This will vary greatly depending on the nature and needs of the business.