DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Sharepoint 2013 and Sharepoint Probe Recomendations

Posted Apr 24, 2017 03:21 PM

Has anyone had any good luck using the Sharepoint probe with Microsoft Sharepoint 2013? I am configuring from inside the IM and have been having different problems here and there. I was wondering if anyone had any best practices or recommendations on how to get this probe to run smooth and get me some value? 

• 2.  Re: Sharepoint 2013 and Sharepoint Probe Recomendations

Posted Apr 25, 2017 11:26 AM

Hi,

The only thing useful I can find on this is the "Known Issues and Workarounds" section of the help docs.

sharepoint (Microsoft SharePoint Server Monitoring) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Tec… 

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Sharepoint 2013 and Sharepoint Probe Recomendations

Posted Apr 27, 2017 01:11 PM

It seems currently we have the probe setup on the SharePoint 2013 Servers, and we are getting most metrics for the Out of Box Dashboards except for the SQL piece. With the metrics and profiles found for those in the Performance Counters section all of the MOSS2013: SQLServer Agent and SQLServer profiles the message "Category does not exist" for all of them. Which is a little strange since we are using MS SQL

• 4.  Re: Sharepoint 2013 and Sharepoint Probe Recomendations

Posted May 01, 2017 10:43 AM

See reply about rebuilding performance counters related to SQL Reporting Services.

• 5.  Re: Sharepoint 2013 and Sharepoint Probe Recomendations
    Best Answer

Posted May 01, 2017 10:42 AM

Refer to these documents listed below. Very likely need to investigate the status or reload performance counters related to Microsoft Reporting Services (MSRS). It is likely that need to either execute lodctr or import registry method.

Here are few other reference articles. 

Reinstall SQL Server Performance Counters - Ryan Adams Blog 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2554336/how-to-manually-rebuild-performance-counters-for-windows-server-2008-64… 

https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2014/11/07/sql-server-performance-counter-missing-how-to-get-them-back/