DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Check Port Status

Posted Nov 28, 2016 10:41 AM

Hello,

We want to monitor the port status in out brocade switch.

The idea is to compare between AdminStatus and the OperStatus, checking for open ports which are down for any reason.

I tried to find a solution in snmp collector, but i dont find those metrics in the monitor options.

Any idea how can we monitor it ?

• 2.  Re: Check Port Status

Posted Nov 28, 2016 06:46 PM

In the snmpcollector , at the device interface level take a look at the below monitors and enable them

• 3.  Re: Check Port Status

Posted Dec 05, 2016 11:42 AM

Thanks, but this not what we are looking .

We want to compare both status and in case that are not even to send alarm.

for example we have 2 port :

1 - admin status is disable and operatorstatus is also disable - if operatorstatus  become enable from any reason we want to get notification.

2. admin status is enable and operatorstatus is also enabled - in case of operatorstatus become disable - we want to get notification.

right now we need to configure each port according to the status in the switch and this is not what are we looking for.

• 4.  Re: Check Port Status

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2016 09:36 AM

Dear Asaf, 

you want to create a condition featuring two different OID's (adminstatus  and operstatus) and only receive an alarm if the operstatus is different to the admin status. I do not see how this could be done at this moment, at least not with the template configuration available in snmpcollector at this moment.

The Interface_traffic probe does not allow this either. Maybe you can log an idea for that? 

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 5.  Re: Check Port Status

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2016 11:39 AM
      |   view attached

Do you have CA Spectrum?  If so #2 is easy to do…

Cheers

Jay