DX Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Structure of VIB_Display_List

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Structure of VIB_Display_List

Posted 11-03-2016 07:22 AM

Hi I'm after the annotation information on topology and I need to understand the structure of the: VIB_Display_List (OctetStringattribute.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Structure of VIB_Display_List

Posted 11-07-2016 06:51 AM

I am a colleague of Dave's on this question and it is quite important we understand this.

Can anyone help or will it need a support call ?

• 3.  Re: Structure of VIB_Display_List

Posted 11-07-2016 04:09 PM
      |   view attached

I’m not sure if this answers your question enough or not…

There’s a combination of algorithms that run and process the information from the annotations (text, background, lines etc), the width and height (placement), the zoomscale, and whether it’s grouped or not.  I can’t tell exactly how it does it, but it takes that data and stores it in the VIB_Display_List.

Cheers

Jay

• 4.  Re: Structure of VIB_Display_List

Posted 11-09-2016 05:31 AM

Thanks for the reply Jay, we really need detailed information about the structure.

• 5.  Re: Structure of VIB_Display_List

Posted 11-10-2016 11:40 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately I’m not able to provide the specifics.  What are you needing to accomplish? Maybe there’s a different alternative?

Cheers

Jay

• 6.  Re: Structure of VIB_Display_List

Posted 11-11-2016 04:32 AM

Hi Jay,

I’m currently rendering a topology view in to a webpage using the VIB_IIB_List data, but also want to render the items in the VIB_Display_List, annotations etc.. To do this I need to understand the structure.

Thanks

Dave

• 7.  Re: Structure of VIB_Display_List
    Best Answer

Posted 11-11-2016 08:19 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Dave,

Ok, that makes sense.  I would suggest opening a case to have our engineering team look into it.  From the looks of the code I don’t know if this is something we can provide easily…

Cheers

Jay