DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Disable probe CRC Magic Key Check

Posted Aug 23, 2016 01:30 PM

Hello, I am setting up some custom robot monitoring for a Citrix xenapp environment and the last thing that is not working is the probes CRC magic key check. Is there a way to disable this? When the xenapp boxes start up, all their probes are in the red ERROR state and I have to r-click, Security - Validate.

How do we disable this crc check?

• 2.  Re: Disable probe CRC Magic Key Check

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 01:33 PM

It's not possible to disable - this is an important security feature which prevents a malicious virus or entity from modifying or replacing the executable file.

However you can probably work around this by editing the controller.cfg file

look for the probe(s) in question and you will see a line like:

magic_key = ABXCWJH2390239D2093DJASLKDJALKSDJ232

Delete this entire line from the section for the probe(s) in question and they should automatically re-validate on startup.

• 3.  Re: Disable probe CRC Magic Key Check

Posted Aug 23, 2016 05:41 PM

Hi Jason, I tried that and that didn't work.

I have a support case and am working on this but wondering if anyone has done this before.

So far stopped the UIM Robot service.

Removed all magic key line entries in the controller.cfg

Copied the cfg to the changes directory.

Deleted the controller.cfg, expire.* files from the robot directory.

cleared out the niscache directory

Started the UIM Robot and probes till come up as Invalidated.

• 4.  Re: Disable probe CRC Magic Key Check

Posted Sep 21, 2016 10:26 AM

I recall there being something about moving the cfg file into the directory robot\changes or something like that.

-Garin

• 5.  Re: Disable probe CRC Magic Key Check

Posted Sep 23, 2016 01:45 PM

I tried this the other day and yes, move the controller.cfg file to the changes directory. Then delete the magic key tag for hte probes you are having issues with. Then restart the service. The controller.cfg file will be moved back to the proper location and update with the new keys.

-Garin

• 6.  Re: Disable probe CRC Magic Key Check

Posted Oct 05, 2018 11:30 AM

Hi there!

What is the "changes" directory?

• 7.  Re: Disable probe CRC Magic Key Check

Posted Oct 05, 2018 03:14 PM

Is the directory located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\robot\changes

It I think is a directory that the robot will use upon startup to validate the the changes made. Not 100% but to get things running if you made changes to a robot or probe outside the normal GUI's the changes have to be put in this dir if they started up and went RED. 

If you have Auditing enabled there's a:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\robot\cfgs  

which tracks all changes made to probes and keeps a history of all the probe cfg changes.