DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Use NAS Script to Change Alarm SubSystemID

Posted Sep 27, 2016 07:03 AM

Alarms for the dhcp_response probe default to using the subsystemID 1.1.3.1. There is no way to change this within the probe itself.

Our incident routing only uses Private subsystem ID's starting with 3.4 to route alarms to the correct group in our service desk system.

I believe I can use a NAS script combined with a Pre-Processing rule to catch alarms that have a subsystemID of 1.1.3.1 and change it a different ID starting with 3.4.

How would I set this up?

• 2.  Re: Use NAS Script to Change Alarm SubSystemID
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 09:17 AM

Hi,

First you'll want to create your script in the NAS Auto-Operator->Scripts tab.  A simple example script to change the subsystem ID of an incoming event to "3.4.5.6" would be as follows:

SID example script

Save the script with the filename of your choice (change_sid in this example.)

Then, in the NAS pre-processing tab, set up a profile that looks for dhcp_response alarms with the Subsystem ID 1.1.3.1, with "custom" Filter type, and choose the Custom Script you created:

NAS preprocessor

This will run the script on every dhcp_response alarm from all hosts/all severities/etc, with the specified Subsystem ID and change it to what you have specified in the script.

Hope this helps!

• 3.  Re: Use NAS Script to Change Alarm SubSystemID

Posted Sep 28, 2016 04:43 AM

That looks perfect. Thank you.