DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Adding alarms to a external table

Posted May 19, 2016 03:39 AM

In this query i need the below things:-

1. I wanna create DB table in which i want to feed particular alarms associated with a mobile number in a certain matter as shown below

----------|----------------------|-----------------------|

Date     | Mobile number   | Alarm Message |

----------|----------------------|-----------------------|

So can you please guide how i can exactly achieve this.

For ex: Whenever an X alarms comes then it should be feeded to table and associated with a certain mobile number (fixed)

I know it's short n all, but i'm just trying use to this idea to do a sms integration (SMS URL based)

Apart from this if you guys got any other option to achieve a SMS integration then please let me know

Thanks,

Nura

• 2.  Re: Adding alarms to a external table
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 10:29 AM

Hi Nura,

I can think of a couple of ways to do this.

1) use a nas script to connect to your database and insert data bases on the Alarm. This should probably be done as a pre-processing rule.

The reason I do not like this solution would be because of the fact that NAS is synchronous. If this process is slow or has a problem it could cause your  entire nas to stop.

The nas Extentions to Lua (All Versions) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation

2) you could use the NSA probe to connect to the database and insert records.

Below is an article the describes how to do this with configurations. You would just need to read in alarms.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec000004553.aspx

3) most clients I know are using their email servers these days to route SMS messages. Usually SMS messages can be sent via an email address such as:

555-5555@verizonewireless.com.

• 3.  Re: Adding alarms to a external table

Posted May 19, 2016 10:38 AM

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your valubale input.

Can you also look at my another thread about the SMS ?? I'm just stuck at last part, if you can shed some light over it.

UIM - SMS Integration (SMS URL Based)

• 4.  Re: Adding alarms to a external table

Posted Jul 14, 2016 01:56 PM

Ankur, I marked Gene's answer as correct based on your reply.   Did Jason's comment help your second issue? 

• 5.  Re: Adding alarms to a external table

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 10:38 AM

The "adogtw" probe can be used for this.

See the following article:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec000003537.aspx