DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  LUA script for pre-processing rules (database.open)

Posted Apr 20, 2016 04:33 PM

Hi,

I am running this script in pre-processing to change the field (source) of the alarm (net_connect) with existing IPs in the table (CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM).

However, it presents this error:

Apr 20 17: 26: 11: 496 [6904] in: PREPROCESSOR ERROR: scripts / company \ db: 5: attempt to index global 'database' (a nil value)

Script:

hostname = event.hostname

database.open ("provider = nis, driver = none; database = none")

rs = database.query ("SELECT [name], [ip] FROM [CA_UIM]. [dbo]. [CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM] WHERE [name] = '" ..hostname .. "'")

for i = 1, # rs

ip = (rs [i] .IP)

event.source = ip

return event

end

database.Close ()

If I run the script it makes the query perfectly. But when used in pre-processing does not work.

NOTE: Using profile AO, I can only add IP in custom's field. The hostname field or source, can not be changed.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: LUA script for pre-processing rules (database.open)

Posted Apr 20, 2016 07:47 PM

And now what do I do?

Note that only a subset of the lua methods are available to the pre-processing script. The following classes and methods are not available: exit, sleep, nimbus, pds, trigger, action, database, alarm and note. The trigger.state method through the state method is however available.

• 3.  Re: LUA script for pre-processing rules (database.open)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 11:15 AM

Hi,

You will want to use alarm_enrichment for this process as this allows you to connect to  a database and then change the information you need.

hope this helps.