DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Why Query Search Server of snmpcollcter probe perform and then device added to UMP inventory ?

Posted Dec 31, 2015 08:36 AM

I want to monitoring network of Server(Linux Server , Windows Server) use snmpcollector probe

so installed robot to linux server(hostname:RHEL6.5 , robotname : RHEL6.5 , net-snmp install , firewall stop , selinux disabled) and then performed SNMP discovery to UMP discovery wizard

added RHEL6.5 that type is Virtual Server  to UMP inventory

and then perfomed query search server use snmpcollector probe to admin console

thereafter added another rhel6.5 that type is device to UMP inventory

and cpu,disk,memory, etc monitoring data displayed RHEL6.5  that type is Virtual Server

but monitoring data for snmpcollector probe displayed rhel6.5 that type is device

I want to display monitoring data, just one RHEL6.5 that type Virtual Server

Please help me

Thanks

캡처_2015_12_31_22_34_53_705.png

• 2.  Re: Why Query Search Server of snmpcollcter probe perform and then device added to UMP inventory ?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 31, 2015 09:32 AM

What shows up in UMP USM Inventory is a compilation of data collected from all probes. This duplication of the device is probably the result of different data being collected from two different probes and then device correlation fails to combine them into only one. A good first step is to update discovery_agent and discovery_server to 8.32, both of these include fixes for device correlation problems. There is no correction for what is already in the database so they will have to be removed.

From the discovery_server release notes.

16.11.2015• Fixed memory leak when processing network interfaces.
    • Fixed issue where the robot IP address was not associated with the correct MAC address, which resulted in duplicate devices (Salesforce 70001492). This also fixes a MAC address correlation issue seen when using snmpcollector 2.26.
    • Fixed issue where the device name was not always passed to the snmpcollector probe when it queried the discovery server for SNMP devices, which resulted in a mismatch between the QOS source name and the device name displayed in USM.

and for discovery_agent

• Addressed missing network interface information on some device models when they were queried with SNMP v2/v3 credentials.• Fixed issue where devices were ignored if the discovery IP address is not included in the IP address table.• Fixed a device duplication issue when the discovery_agent and vmware probes discover the same virtual machine by no longer publishing the VirtualID (Salesforce 70003659 and 70003745).• Fixed issue where devices were incorrectly merged based on an all zeroes MAC address (00-00-00-00-00-00).

• 3.  Re: Why Query Search Server of snmpcollcter probe perform and then device added to UMP inventory ?

Posted Dec 31, 2015 09:57 PM

Thank you very much~~~~

I solved this problem.

really Thank you

but one more thing have problem

please help me....

After performed Query Search Server of snmpcollecter probe in adminconsole, changed name (lower case hostname) or (robotname)