DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  SNMPTD MIBs not listed

Posted Oct 07, 2015 12:26 PM

Running SNMPTD version 3.16 and have a couple of queries. I have loaded a number of mibs through the MIB Setup Wizard (specifically Equalogic) in the probe and they are listed in the window, however when I go into the MIB Trap Browser they are not listed.

The second query is that I have loaded the Simpana mib and it is listed in the MIB set up Wizard and when looking in the MIB Trap Browser I see 69 traps related to the SIMPANA-MIB module, however when I go to the main SNMPTD window I expand V1 traps and only see 12 traps listed, so I went through the V2 & V3 traps including the "SNMP v2 Traps (unknown MIB) and I dont see the missing traps listed in the MIB Trap Browser,  so I am not sure where the rest of the traps are listed?

Any thoughts or ideas on these would be appreciated.

Thank you

Kevin

• 2.  Re: SNMPTD MIBs not listed
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 08, 2015 09:30 AM

1: If you are loading SNMP v2 (or higher) MIB files without the dependent import modules included then you'll not see them (no error message either!). Up the loglevel to 5 and try removing/adding the mib file using the wizard again. Take a look at the log and see if if there are any errors during the parse.

2: There's a weird issue with how V1 traps with identical Enterprise ID are displayed when viewed via main SNMPTD windows. Irrespective of how many traps you have defined for a particular Enterrpise ID, only one is shown - The workaround is to view/edit the traps via the MIB Trap Browser. However, there were known issues with older versions and you may want to upgrade to 3.17

• 3.  Re: SNMPTD MIBs not listed

Posted Oct 08, 2015 09:56 AM

Thanks for the reply Simon, I will give that a go, I don't see a version 3.17 in the archive, 

• 4.  Re: SNMPTD MIBs not listed

Posted Oct 08, 2015 10:08 AM