DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  RESTful Call To Identify Servers Probe Exists On

Posted Sep 01, 2016 09:40 AM

Hoping that this can be accomplished.  But I have an ask to be able to identify the servers that a probe has been deployed to.  Is this possible through the UIM restful interface?

I was hoping that the call to /rest/computer_systems would have provided that level of detail, but looks like it only provides details of the computer_systems itself, and not their probes.

• 2.  Re: RESTful Call To Identify Servers Probe Exists On

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 11:12 AM

Dear Paimon,

via Rest you can run probe call backs like you can via the Probe Utility in Infrastructure Manager or Admin Console. 

Please see here:

Probe Calls - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

One of the available probe call backs from the controller probe is "probe_list" which will give you a list of the probes installed on a single robot. You could run this to build up the information and then do a search for this, but I am not aware of a call back that would tell you on which robots a specific probe is installed (as you would get via the find function in IM).

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 3.  Re: RESTful Call To Identify Servers Probe Exists On

Posted Sep 08, 2016 10:03 AM

Thank You Martin;

I am going to give this a shot.  Essentially what i am trying to do is come up with a script that will go out an get an inventory on how many servers a specific probe (for example, 'oracle') is deployed on.

• 4.  Re: RESTful Call To Identify Servers Probe Exists On

Posted Sep 08, 2016 10:37 AM

Hmm interesting, I keep getting a 'Bad Request' error: