DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  SQL_RESPONSE including other returned columns into Alarm Message

Posted Oct 31, 2012 12:18 AM

Community,

I am trying to run SQL Query's using sql_response and the query returns 4 values, the ROW KEY, Percent, space in KB, and a 1 or 0 for current state.

I have a query working that for each ROW it creates QOS correctly using the ROW KEY and I can alarm on the 1 or 0 if it is a 1.

I need to have the Percent Column and the Space In KB  column included as part of the alarm message.

How can I achieve this?

-- This is from the Probe Help, not very many variables to use here that are documented 

High Threshold

Defines the high threshold value. An alarm message with the specified alarm message text (supports variable expansion) and the selected severity level will be issued if this value is exceeded and the Alarm option (above) is checked.

Note: If the severity level Inactive is selected, no checking will be done. This also applies if the Value field is left empty.

Message variables that can be used are:

$description, $profile, $server, $database, $value.

• 2.  Re: SQL_RESPONSE including other returned columns into Alarm Message

Posted Oct 31, 2012 12:46 AM

I know if I couldn't get in in the sql response probe I would just write a custom script perl/python language of choice to get the data and use nimalarm or use lua from inside the nas even on a schedule.  Sorry I just am not that familiar with the sql response probe except for the very basic queries we use it for I haven't went to far in depth with it.

• 3.  Re: SQL_RESPONSE including other returned columns into Alarm Message

Posted Oct 31, 2012 07:15 PM

It seems like since my query returns the data that the sql_response probe would have a way to access alternate columns data with a $var for the message, it allows me to put all the columns in QOS and pick one to alarm on. I am trying to avoid having custom pieces out there for such a seemingly simple process the probe should handle. thanks for the input, its welcomed