DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  So, how about that snow?

Posted Feb 19, 2015 04:54 AM

Anyone living in the northeast US? I'm outside Boston and supposedly we've gotten 110 inches in the last two months. I'm not sure I believe that number but on the other hand I've got more than 4 foot standing in the yard at the moment and a driveway where I can no longer get the snow up and over the sides with either shovel or snowblower.

-Garin 

• 2.  Re: So, how about that snow?

Posted Feb 19, 2015 01:20 PM

Moving around in so much snow is sometimes very much like using UIM.

On a more serious note, that's a lot of snow! The last few years we've had too little snow here for my liking, but that'd be a bit overkill for me.

-jon

• 3.  Re: So, how about that snow?

Posted Feb 19, 2015 05:16 PM

"Moving around in so much snow is sometimes very much like using UIM."

I was thinking that it's a lot more like Alarm Console. 

It's huge. It's white. And once you're in it, there's nothing that you can do.

Oh, and it's being forced on you without regard to what you want.

-Garin

• 4.  Re: So, how about that snow?

Posted Feb 21, 2015 04:53 AM

Nice Garin, nice.  What is sad, is that my freezer is warmer than the outside. Outside its -15. 

Anyway i finally installed UIM 8.1 and started playing around with it. I then asked myself, can we create probe template packages with it yet? I don't see a way to do this using the Admin Console.

• 5.  Re: So, how about that snow?

Posted Feb 23, 2015 04:19 AM

My understanding is that custom probe packages are on the road map for a future version. Still need IM for the moment.

-Garin

• 6.  Re: So, how about that snow?

Posted Feb 23, 2015 05:40 PM
    I hope Waltham region is completely not filled with snow. I am travelling by April and I hope the weather is not as it is now.

• 7.  Re: So, how about that snow?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2015 07:14 PM

"I was thinking that it's a lot more like Alarm Console. 

It's huge. It's white. And once you're in it, there's nothing that you can do."

That made me smile - thanks

• 8.  Re: So, how about that snow?

Posted Feb 19, 2015 04:02 PM

I'm down near Cape Cod, although we have a little less snow than Boston-SouthShore area. It's still be a nightmare the last 3wks, 2 20in+ storms, 5ft drifts on roof...spring cannot come fast enough. Rain this weeked should cause a big mess for folks with 3-4ft of snow still left on roof.