DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

Publishing Custom Dashboards To ACL's issues

• 1.  Publishing Custom Dashboards To ACL's issues

Posted 08-31-2011 11:34 PM

Community,

I am trying to publish Dashboards using the Dashboard Designer as well as using LUA with NDG and am having issues. I am picking the ACL from the list within Dashboard Designer for that of which my Account Contact is associated with and after successful Publishing the Custom Dashboard I am still getting access denied for the dashboard. The Only ACL that seems to work is picking (All), Superuser or picking the Account instead of the ACL. I am wanting to automate this from LUA NDG so I need to be able to use Account ACLs other than Superuser.

I am using UMP 2.1.2

Thanks for the help,

Jarrod

• 2.  Re: Publishing Custom Dashboards To ACL's issues

Posted 01-26-2012 12:45 AM

Jarrod,

Did you figure this out per chance, if not please let me know. 

• 3.  Re: Publishing Custom Dashboards To ACL's issues

Posted 01-26-2012 08:43 PM

I was told that if the user is an account contact that even though you publish the dashboard to the Contacts ACL it will not work unless you publish it to the Account in whole. When publishing to ACLs I was told only applys to regular users hence the reason my superuser was working. If you know a way around that would be awesome.

• 4.  Re: Publishing Custom Dashboards To ACL's issues

Posted 01-26-2012 11:33 PM

Well we had an issue in which we were using NSA/NDG and the only users that could see the custom dashboards were "superusers" this was because in the script we had the following line:

rc = dashboard.saveAs(d,data_source,true,"all")

Here 'all' is not supported in ndg script. It should be ACL or a comma separated list of ACLs. If not specified the dashboard is published to the ACL of the current user (specified in dashboard.create/get/load). Now this line looks like this

rc = dashboard.saveAs(d,data_source,true,"nimsoft-Superuser,nimsoft-Admin,nimsoft-Access")

I hope this helps