DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  null or empty columns appear in UMP

Posted Dec 15, 2010 11:44 AM

Hi Guys,

we have recently installed on our test Domain an installation of the v1.5 UMP portal.

We have noticed that when using the portal, there are certain columns (Alarm console) which appear as [NULL]. It appears to be looking for certain column names, but cannot find them so populates the alarm with a [NULL feature].

I will upload a screenshot in a moment.

You can see from the first one (Error-null) that there is no info for those column items in the portal.

The second attachment (Alarm empty) shows an alarm which has no Column names, just alarm data; so I don't know how to handle the alarm without guess what each field is doing.....

Another question: Does the install of this impact any QoS data in any way on the DB ?

Regards,

Steve B Purdie

• 2.  Re: null or empty columns appear in UMP

Posted Dec 15, 2010 11:00 PM

I would turn up logging on the dashboard_engine and wasp probes and see if you see any errors in the logs when accessing the alarm_console.   You can also try restarting these probes as well.  I am not sure how it's written but I assume it just talks to directly to the nas that you have configured.

The install of UMP won't affect any qos data it may create some views and with new version 2.0 you may need to reindex.

• 3.  Re: null or empty columns appear in UMP

Posted Dec 17, 2010 12:15 PM

Hi guys,

well I restarted the probes and services for the server, ramped up the logging.

Same behaviour is happening, open alarm no Tags for the data.....the data is there, but I cannot see what tag it belongs to.

Logs show a lot of verbose messages, but the alarmget message in the log shows what I would expect to see on the screen, but the UI is not showing it.

Any ideas ?

Steve

• 4.  Re: null or empty columns appear in UMP
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 17, 2010 12:40 PM

Hi Steve,

Try the following: 

Click My Account in the UMP dock menu. 
    Click Display Settings on the right-hand column. 
    Select an item in the Language combo box. (US English) 
    Click the Save button. 

I believe that UMP 1.5 only supports a US English Language setting. 

Does this resolve the problem?

Best Regards,
    Ryan

• 5.  Re: null or empty columns appear in UMP

Posted Dec 20, 2010 03:15 PM

Hi Ryan,

worked a treat !!

thanks a million !!

Steve