DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  LUA functions

Posted Mar 17, 2011 04:42 PM

Hello Forum,

I was wondering if there is any kind of documentation out there on the nimbus.request() lua function as well as pds.create() and pds.putString(). From my own use of these functions and examples I have seen, i understand what is going on, I just want to know there full functionality as well as more possibilities for their use. If there isn't one already out there, it would be really cool to have a lua/NMS development guide with this kind of info in it. On a side note, I noticed that the LUA editor in Infrastructure Manager does not recognize multi-line comments like:

--[[ comment

comment ]]

although the compiler does.

Thanks,

Ben

• 2.  Re: LUA functions

Posted Mar 17, 2011 05:47 PM

Ben,

Have you already seen the NAS/NSA whitepaper that documents the functions? Are you looking for documentation on the functions themselves or the probe callbacks that you can invoke using the functions?

-Keith

• 3.  Re: LUA functions

Posted Mar 17, 2011 06:07 PM

I am trying to find the whitepaper now, but yes I am looking for the callbacks.

Ben

• 4.  Re: LUA functions

Posted Mar 17, 2011 06:27 PM

I believe the whitepapers are still supposed to be available in the customer portal. I seem to remember them popping up on the forum once in a while, but I did not find them with a search just now.

Most of the callbacks are not documented. There are whitepapers available for the hub, controller, and NAS, and those whitepapers contain descriptions of all of the callbacks for those components. Most other probes have callbacks as well, but they do not have whitepapers. Your best bet is to explore the callbacks with the Probe Utility (Ctrl+P while the probe is selected). You may have to be a bit careful not to invoke a callback that would cause you trouble, but most are not much trouble.

And if you have some questions about what something does or how to find a callback that does something specific, you can find a lot of people on this forum who have done played with a lot of them.

-Keith

• 5.  Re: LUA functions
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 17, 2011 06:54 PM

Here is the nas.pdf which has some good information in it.

• 6.  Re: LUA functions

Posted Apr 13, 2011 06:32 PM

This has some good information in the CHM files related to PDS and other development stuff but not just LUA.