DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  placing machine into maintenance with pu

Posted Sep 16, 2010 02:11 AM

Is it possible to place a machine into maintenance or take it out of maintenance with the pu command.  I'm looking at the switches for the pu command and it has an option called maint_until.  It doesn't appear that I'm executing it appropriately as I'm not able to put a machine into maintenance.  Anybody have an example?

• 2.  Re: placing machine into maintenance with pu

Posted Sep 16, 2010 04:20 AM

Absolutely possible via PU.

I actually posted this awhile back:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also do this with the Probe Utility against the robot . Use 'maint_until' and specify how long it should be in maintenance mode for, leave 'until' empty (this is an epoch number), and specify how many seconds in the 'for' parameter.

For example:

pu -u administrator -p xxxxxxxx /"full path to robot"/controller maint_until for 120 until ""

Remember to always include all parameters and leave the "blank" ones in the end.

The call back for the controller is:

maint_until (until, for)

To enter maintenance mode:

Specify either the 'until' value, which is a time value representing the time in seconds since the Epoch (00:00:00 UTC, January 1, 1970) or the 'for' value which is the time in seconds you want the robot to stay in maintenance mode.

To leave maintenance mode:

Use the same call but do not specify neither 'until' nor 'for'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the original thread with some other options - good luck!

http://forum.nimsoft.com/t5/General/Maintenance-mode/m-p/2774#M1822

Dustin

• 3.  Re: placing machine into maintenance with pu

Posted Sep 16, 2010 07:24 AM

Dustin,

When I have used the pu command and passed in arguments on the command line (rather than allowing the command to prompt me), I thought I had to enter the argument values without the names of the arguments. So in your example, I would not have included the words "for" or "until". I do not think I was doing it completely wrong because it actually worked. :smileyhappy: But is this another way to pass in the arguments? It would sure beat the "try to get them in the right order" approach...

Thanks,

Keith

• 4.  Re: placing machine into maintenance with pu

Posted Sep 17, 2010 12:38 AM

I take it this doesn't work with ldap integration.  I've tried using it with my active directory account and it does not work.  If I use an account that is local to NMS it works.  Is that accurate that an ldap integrated account will not work with the pu executable?