DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

Need tips to improve VAIM Portal Performance

• 1.  Need tips to improve VAIM Portal Performance

Posted 05-20-2015 10:57 PM

Hi All,

We have installed Virtual Assurance Infrastructure Management in our environment. We are observing the VAIM Portal performance is very poor. Below are the issues most commonly faced:

1. Whenever more than 2-3 users logs to the application is goes very slow while traversing between different tabs
    2. The pop-up window for Policy or templates delivery takes huge time just to show data in the window (approx. 5-10 mins)

Please suggest how can we improve the portal performance and resolve above issues. Also advice if we can perform any tweaking of Apache tomcat web service to improve overall web portal performance. Kindly provide your inputs asap since this is hampering the monitoring deployment in the customer environment.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Dharmesh Shah

• 2.  Re: Need tips to improve VAIM Portal Performance

Posted 06-10-2015 09:57 AM

Hi Dharmesh

I don't know what version of VAIM you're using but I would recommend checking the manual and seeing which other browsers are supported.

E.g. Firefox.

Please use the version listed in the VAIM release guide.

Kind Regards

Barb

• 3.  Re: Need tips to improve VAIM Portal Performance

Posted 06-11-2015 02:12 AM

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your response.

We are using VAIM 12.8.1 in our environment. I have checked the product manuals and the server sizing and supporting softwares are as per the standard recommendations and supported.

Please share if have faced any portal related performance issue and fix configured to resolve the same.

Regards

Dharmesh Shah

• 4.  Re: Need tips to improve VAIM Portal Performance

Posted 06-11-2015 05:24 AM

Hi Dharmesh

Yes the VAIM UI can be slow to use but I would recommend trying the following:

1. Disable IPV6 and use IPV4 only for hostname resolution.

2. Try the supported browser Mozilla Firefox 16.0.

3. Were there other CA Products also installed on the same server?

The recommendation is to have only one manager component per server.

Hope this helps.

Barbara

• 5.  Re: Need tips to improve VAIM Portal Performance

Posted 07-09-2015 12:24 PM

Marked as assumed answered as the customer had opened a support case in regards to the performance.