DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Robot Failover/Switch?

Posted Aug 12, 2015 07:12 AM

We're running UIM/UMP on iSeries (AS400).

I wonder what the best way is to swtich/failover from a primary to the secondary partition (robot)?

Let's say we have Robot1 as primary, and Robot2 that is secondary. They will be switched, and Robot2 will to become primary, which generally means that we change the IP address on two different robots.

During the switch, what happens is that we move some parts of the data/disk between partitions, or more likely, inactivate some parts/disks on the primary and activate the same things on the secondary, which then becomes the primary when IP is switched.
    The Nimsoft directory/installation is not included in the switch thou, and for some reasons not able to be included in the switched.

• 2.  Re: Robot Failover/Switch?

Posted Sep 02, 2015 03:09 AM

Someone who does this in any other environment? Windows, Linux or AIX?

• 3.  Re: Robot Failover/Switch?

Posted Dec 02, 2016 05:11 AM

Hi,

The Cluster probe serves the purpose, there are capabilities to have processes, disks, services, logs in cluster, wherein you are defining that these are the components that will move from one node to another.

Enabling this you will neither be missing out on any alerts, nor  will you be receiving duplicate alarms.

• 4.  Re: Robot Failover/Switch?

Posted Dec 06, 2016 07:17 AM

Hi,

I don't think the Cluster probe supports the IBMi (iSeries) probes though?

• 5.  Re: Robot Failover/Switch?

Posted Dec 08, 2016 05:14 AM

Hi ,

Don't know for sure, I tried it in Win/Linux.