DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  NetApp C Mode Monitoring with NetApp Probe.

Posted Dec 30, 2014 11:11 PM

When using the NetApp probe on a 7 Mode NetApp, I find a lot of metrics under the Systems Statistics.  In C Mode I see each of the Nodes listed and then under each Node the only metric is CPU Percentage.  I am really looking for the other metrics like IOPs, Latency, Cache Age and Disk Read/Write.

Is this information no longer available under C Mode?  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Or is there more development needed on the C Mode DTA?

Thank you,

Gary 

• 2.  Re: NetApp C Mode Monitoring with NetApp Probe.

Posted Jan 21, 2015 04:11 PM

Is that a netapp cluster as C-Mode is only when the netapp is in cluster mode.  

• 3.  Re: NetApp C Mode Monitoring with NetApp Probe.

Posted Jan 30, 2015 09:24 PM

just an FYI.

We've had many issues with the Netapp probe when in C Mode. After opening a support case we were told that some of the metrics that are available in 7 mode are not available in C Mode. Monitoring Netapp filers via SNMP has always left out some performance metrics that are really needed.

Our support case with CA indicated that "per engineering" that C Mode monitoring with the current Netapp probe was NOT support which contradicts the probe documentation. I guess this should be added to the "Huh" thread.
    We were also told that CA was actively working on a separate Netapp ONTAPI probe outside of SNMPCollector as an alternative to SNMP monitoring. The last update we've heard about this was in May of 2014, so i guess it's taking a long time to get that probe out the door. In the meantime we struggle to monitor Netapp C mode environments.

• 4.  Re: NetApp C Mode Monitoring with NetApp Probe.

Posted Feb 10, 2015 07:22 PM

Stuessi,

I feel like my company is going to have some of the same issues you are having with monitoring C mode. We are currently having some configuration issues/questions come up with trying to build a monitoring profile. Have you heard anything further regarding C Mode support and/or would you be willing to share the support case number in which you where told it was not supported so that I can escalte that issue with my CSM. 

Thank you.

• 5.  Re: NetApp C Mode Monitoring with NetApp Probe.

Posted Feb 12, 2015 04:59 PM

I sent some info over via direct message. Check your inbox.

I have not heard anything regarding any new Netapp probe, going to be following up again tomorrow.

regards,

Scott

• 6.  Re: NetApp C Mode Monitoring with NetApp Probe.

Posted Jun 01, 2015 11:56 AM

Scott,

I got what appears to be a direct message from you regarding this topic. I do have a little bit of info but I when I try to reply- the email bounces back and the direct link does not work. Tried messaging you directly but you need to "follow me" be I can perform that action.

- Brandon