DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  availability report template

Posted Mar 26, 2015 06:12 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have a template for measuring availability of all servers under monitoring. I have one but not able to execute the same. Not able to debug the error.

-kag

• 2.  Re: availability report template

Posted Mar 26, 2015 09:43 AM

This would be very difficult to accomplish because "available" is open to interpretation. Available can mean pingable, it can mean that it is listening on port 80, it can mean that the website actually comes up and displays data and downloads at a rate of 500KB/s while not using more than 60% of its bandwidth or 50% of available memory.

Ultimately you have to decide what "available" means to your organization, which means you can't really use anyone else's template.

• 3.  Re: availability report template

Posted Sep 03, 2015 12:40 PM

How to get the availability report that the systems are 100%

• 4.  Re: availability report template

Posted Sep 09, 2015 09:09 AM

I did this using SLA report. Made use of the QOS_NETCONNECT:ping and given the expected duration. Though it is kinda manual but was able to do it.

-kag

• 5.  Re: availability report template

Posted Sep 09, 2015 04:19 PM

I had asked for this report in the past (measuring availability via ping) but wasn't able to get much information.  With CA help, we use a custom report using iReport to generate an availability. 

• 6.  Re: availability report template

Posted Sep 10, 2015 05:06 AM

Hi Michael,

Is there any possibility that we can get the report used in ireport?

I second your thoughts in the report using ping. It involves a lot of manual work as we have to keep updating this SLA report for new addition and removing from monitoring.

-kag