DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UMP custom qos for used memory performance metric

Posted Jun 26, 2013 07:11 PM

hello,

Any ideas about how to create QOS data for "Used memory  metric"  on the portal?

• 2.  Re: UMP custom qos for used memory performance metric

Posted Jun 26, 2013 10:48 PM

You can use the processes probe to track the amount of memory allocated to the wasp probe. Note that you will have to define a profile in the probe that matches not only the executable name but also one or more arguments. There will be more than one Java process running.

If you want to know how much memory is used within the JVM rather than how much is allocated to the JVM, that would be a different story. I am not sure how to do that. Maybe that is the sort of thing the jvm_monitor probe is designed to do.

• 3.  Re: UMP custom qos for used memory performance metric

Posted Jun 27, 2013 10:28 AM

If you want to know how much memory is used within the JVM rather than how much is allocated to the JVM, that would be a different story. I am not sure how to do that. Maybe that is the sort of thing the jvm_monitor probe is designed to do.

=> Exactly, I need to know much memory is allocated and used by JVM. It seems there is a memory leak but i need to confirm this with historical data. I am pretty sure, there is a way to enable JMX on UMP but I don't know how