DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

nas Alert Historical Report

• 1.  nas Alert Historical Report

Posted 09-10-2014 06:31 PM

Hello, I was wondering is there any way to get QoS metrics as to how many alarms the nas probe handles per day? I want to collect QoS metrics on the nas probe and thus have a way to generate reports to management on how many alerts we processed, handled, etc... 

What are the possible ways going about obtaining this?

When I look in the primary hubs, hub probe and in the Status Tab, I see the Subjects tab that has different categories such as "alarm, alarm_new, alarm_close, etc..."

Would I have to setup a SQL query using the sql_response probe to query this data? But does anyone know how would I grab this info on a re-occuring basis using a probe or a script? Would prefer a probe since I can then quickly generate a report uisng UMP. 

Thanks,

Dan

• 2.  Re: nas Alert Historical Report

Posted 09-10-2014 06:38 PM

By default, you cant have this as qos. The most obvious way would be to query the nas tables in database and do a count from there. nas_transaction_summary and nas_transaction_list or something like that are the tables off the top of my head, should be easy to find if you take a look at the tables.

You could query it from a nas script or from sql_response, whichever is your preference. One day, when I get my health check (monitors NMS functionality) probe far enough, I plan to implement stuff like queue monitoring and qos in it. Too bad that's not in the immediate future :smileyhappy:

-jon