DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  ica_response experience

Posted Sep 15, 2015 07:58 AM

I'm wondering if anyone here has much experience with the ica_response probe? I've given it a few shots and I seem to always have a hard time getting it to work reliably. It seems to me I often get timeout alarms for no obvious reason, even if the probe has been running for a short period. Sometimes I've observed that the sessions initiated by the probe aren't properly closed and are left open in Citrix, which I suspect is one of the reasons it might not work properly in the next run. I'm asked to provide an availability SLA for a Citrix environment based on data from ica_response and currently I'm not feeling very confident in it.

So, any thoughts/experience on the usage and reliability of the probe would be much appreciated, to get a grasp whether it's something in my environments or in what I'm doing, rather than with the probe itself.

-jon

• 2.  Re: ica_response experience

Posted Feb 24, 2016 03:07 PM

Hi Jon,

I am also facing the same problem with ica_response probe and no support from vendor also. Looks like they himself know the bug with this probe. I am also looking for some solution. If you have found some solution in it then please share the solution here.

Thanks,

Imran K