DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Need help with sngtw probe

Posted Jun 11, 2015 01:49 PM

Hi,

We have used sngtw to for a complete automation and we have achieved everything except for the network monitoring. We have configured our service now in such a way that tickets be generated and assigned directly to the resolver group based on the hostname as we have our cmdb mapped accordingly. But, when we look at network monitoring alerts, the hostname will be the nimsoft servers. We did find a way to have this changed by modifying the fields. But, we get the hostname of the device as a FQDN which is not how our cmdb is.

So, is there anyways to get the hostname of the network device without FQDN? Do anyone have this tested and any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ananda Guberan K

• 2.  Re: Need help with sngtw probe

Posted Jun 11, 2015 03:36 PM

I don't know about sngtw, but could you use nas preprocessor to strip the hostname from the FQDN and put it in to a some field, like custom_x and then map that in sngtw?

-jon

• 3.  Re: Need help with sngtw probe

Posted Jun 11, 2015 03:56 PM

Hi Jon,

Can you help me how that can be done using a pre-processor rule? As the hostname on the alert has with out domain extension.

• 4.  Re: Need help with sngtw probe

Posted Jun 11, 2015 04:07 PM

Please tell me or point me to some articles where i can learn about pre-processors doing this function and that will be of real help to me at this situation and also on a long run.

Appreciate your help

• 5.  Re: Need help with sngtw probe

Posted Jun 12, 2015 04:11 AM

If you search here for "tutorial lua", you should get some pointers.

-jon