DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to import perl custom probe

Posted Apr 01, 2015 05:00 AM

Hi,

my collegue create a custom probe in pearl. I have file.cfg and file.pl

How can I create the zip file and import it on the archive? I see the default probe inside the zip file contain a info.pkg and info.crc file, so what is the procedure to create a package to import correctly the custom probe? is there a manual or a knowledge base? I didn't find it

thank you

• 2.  Re: how to import perl custom probe

Posted Apr 01, 2015 09:19 AM

I was able creating a "superpackage". Now I have the problem that when I start the probe I get this error Probe 'smsgtw' FAILED to start (command = ../../../perl/bin/perl.exe smsgtw.pl) error = (3) The system cannot find the path specified

The path is wrong, I have copied from an old installation, for me perl is installed on c:\perl64, is it correct? or should it be installed under nimbus directory?

• 3.  Re: how to import perl custom probe

Posted Aug 07, 2015 04:27 AM

Hi,

you can also use the perl-probe shipped through nimsoft... Just install the perl-probe on the Destionation server

rgds Steve

• 4.  Re: how to import perl custom probe

Posted Aug 05, 2015 12:13 PM

I just wrote a custom perl probe for an integration with Tivoli Omnibus and I spent quite a few hours trying to figure this out myself (I couldn't find it documented anywhere either).  Don't worry about creating the zip, that'll get done automatically.  Just go to the archive in IM, right-click somewhere in the package list, and select "New...".  You'll have to add at least one section at the bottom before it'll let you add your files and specify any dependencies.  I'd be sure to right-click and "Edit" (just to view) some existing packages in the archive to see how they're constructed before you start building your new one.  After you hit OK, the zip will be created for you in the probe archive directory.  Hope this helps!