DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Failed Secondary (Remote Relay) Hub and Alarms

Posted Nov 10, 2014 10:24 PM

I am investigating what the expected alarms are for the following scenario:

• Remote relay/secondary hub at a remote site acting as a tunnel - it has it's own nas but also forwarding alarms to the primary
    • Multiple robots registered with this remote secondary hub for communication to the central primary hub (multiple origins)

If this hub fails (either the hub element or the entire server):

• Should I see an alarm about the hub failing?
    • Should I see an alarm about the robot on this hub being unavailable?
    • Should I see alarms for all the other robots communicating via the tunnel hosted by this hub?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Failed Secondary (Remote Relay) Hub and Alarms

Posted Nov 19, 2014 08:17 PM

You should definitely not see any alarms related to robots when you have a hub failure (or lose connectivity) to the hub.

The alarms you would see when a hub goes down or loses connectivity depend on how the communication with the hub is configured. Usually you would see alarms for tunnels and/or queues. A tunnel disconnect should result in alarm on both hubs depending on the configuration. A queue failure probably only generates alarms for get/attach queues but not post queues.

• 3.  Re: Failed Secondary (Remote Relay) Hub and Alarms

Posted Dec 04, 2014 11:30 AM

There are however some bugs (specifically related to failovers and using proxy_mode), that causes "robot inactive" alarms. Problem is that the hubs sometimes gets confused about where the robot should be.