DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to Set up Access to UMP through a DMZ - guide

Posted Sep 13, 2014 03:04 PM

How to Set up Access to UMP through a DMZ

Following the guide it says:

Prerequisites:

• Install NMS.
    • Install UMP and ensure that it is communicating with NMS.
    • Download and install Apache and the Tomcat Connector on the server in the DMZ.
    • Ensure that you have a JkMount directive appropriate for your configuration.
    • Designate a public IP address for the Apache web server (if you want to access UMP from the Internet).

Searched forum and sipport.portal but nothing to find about where to get the Apache and the Tomcat connector.

Somebody knows where to find it or have any clue?

regards

Ashley Pietersen 

• 2.  Re: How to Set up Access to UMP through a DMZ - guide

• 3.  Re: How to Set up Access to UMP through a DMZ - guide

Posted Dec 12, 2014 06:59 PM

Wow,

The DMZ guide for version 6.0 has everything you need.

http://docs.nimsoft.com/prodhelp/en_US/UMP/6.0/DMZ_Guide/index.htm?toc.htm?1735962.html

Setting Up the DMZ

The DMZ Guide for 8.0 has the entire chapter missing on where to get the software. Nice!!!

http://docs.nimsoft.com/prodhelp/en_US/UMP/8.0/DMZ_Guide/index.htm 

How to Set up Access to UMP through a DMZ

<missing download>

• 4.  Re: How to Set up Access to UMP through a DMZ - guide

Posted Apr 28, 2015 11:52 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I have left this issue for the moment. But reading the responses I understand I need to download a software-package that is referring to SDP 2.6 !? Maybe the SDP-DMS package did not change over time but it would be nice if it was renamed to something with UMP and a version. We installed SDP many years ago and also used in in a dmz way at that time. But SDP was replaced by UMP many years ago and we are now at UMP 8.2 - Does someone still use the SDP product?

The missing download explains why I got confused. When I have another try on this issue this will help me to find the apache package. Thanks.

regards

Ashley Pietersen