DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Problem on discovery when we change origin in robot controller

Posted Jun 25, 2013 11:54 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

When we change the origin in robot controller i.e. Project1, we noticed there are duplicate object discovered in NiS Manager with different origin? Why it show duplicate object? Can it just show one object with origin i.e. Project1?

We noticed it have impact to view topology when we restrict account using account administration to view Project1 only. It failed to show. Coz the topology will show the object with original origin (i.e. PCSHub).

Any idea!

• 2.  Re: Problem on discovery when we change origin in robot controller

Posted Jun 25, 2013 12:49 PM

Hi,

I think that's something you're going to have to take up with support and possible raise an idea. This is the behaviour that I see with similar setup as well.

-jon

• 3.  Re: Problem on discovery when we change origin in robot controller

Posted Jun 28, 2013 06:18 AM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply. We did open the case with Support. And, here is their reply:

=========================

As per our phone conversation, the duplicated or a server has two origin  is

caused by the set up in your customer environment. Here is the reason, on your

secondary hub has Origin A, therefore the robots get discovery by

discovery_agent, net_connect and interfafce_traffic would have A as their

origin. However, you also manually changed the robot controller to have origin

B, this is how you end up with duplicated or a server with 2 origin in SLM

database.

The recommendation would be that to have the probe like net_connect deployed

to the robot to monitor the robots that has same origin.

======================

I do not think that it is related to Net_connect probe. Any idea on how other customer move forward on duplicate object at NIS when they change the origin in controller probe.

Cheers,