DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Nimbus Robot Hub Installation Operation not as root

Posted Nov 23, 2012 02:20 PM

Hello,

as a MSP we do not have allways root permissions but still need to operate and look after the agent installation..

In the Installation guide is written that you can install the robot hub with the flag -u as the current user:

-u Install as current user, not as root (NOT recommended)

but it is not recommended..

Why it is not recommended?

How can I do the robot hub installation in the right way and in a way which works if I have no root permissions?

Thanks for help and greetings

Oliver

• 2.  Re: Nimbus Robot Hub Installation Operation not as root

Posted Nov 26, 2012 05:20 PM

You should be able to use sudo access may be the best bet as I am not sure the robot will install properly without root permissions.

• 3.  Re: Nimbus Robot Hub Installation Operation not as root
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 13, 2016 10:42 AM

Hello oliver.grass

We don't recommend to install a robot using an account that does not have "root" permissions. Even if the install may work, certain probes may require root permissions to execute commands that will not return any output without such rights.

However, if you still need/want to explore granting SUDO permissions to a non-root user, please check section "Deploying to Linux" in the following link to our official documentation, and let us know if this information can help you resolving this doubt, thanks:

Deploy Robots in Bulk with a Third-Party Tool and Native Installers - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4 - CA Te… 

Another link of interested about this topic: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec000004480.aspx

Regards,

David