DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Probe documentation categorization?

Posted Feb 26, 2015 08:12 PM

The documentation team is working to make improvements to the probes documentation.  As a part of a those improvements, we are investigating alternative ways to structure the listing of probes on the UIM Probes wiki here.  As part of this organization we would like to flatten the hierarchy in the navigation somewhat.  However, because of the number of probes, we will still need to group them to avoid having our users scroll down long lists to find their documentation.

We would like to implement a structure that best matches how our customers prefer to access/find the docs.  Please respond and indicate if you would prefer to search for probe documentation that is grouped:

1.  Alphabetically (as they are now)

2.  By Probe pack as they are purchased (e.g., base infrastructure, server pack, storage pack, etc.)

3.  By group as they listed are in the product archive (infrastructure, network, service, slm, etc.)

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Probe documentation categorization?

Posted Feb 26, 2015 11:02 PM
    For me alphabetically is the best option by far

• 3.  Re: Probe documentation categorization?

Posted Feb 27, 2015 06:22 PM

I prefer 3)

alphatical works well if you want to browse the docs of a probe that you already know, but it doesn't work well if you have a specific need and want to know if there is a probe available that does what I want.