DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Documentation on resource overheads and requirements for robot/secondary installs.

• 1.  Documentation on resource overheads and requirements for robot/secondary installs.

Posted May 27, 2014 12:32 PM

In the documentation there is very clear guidance on sizing and requirments for server installs. i.e. Primary Server, DB and UMP servers.

However, there is little or no guidance on Robot and Secondary Hub overheads.

I would like to be able to answer questions like:

• What is the minimum CPU/Memory/Disk requirements for a Secondary Hub?

• What overhead will a Secondary Hub introduce in different situations so that I can work out if I need a dedicated server for the secondary hub or if it cna live on one of my existing servers.

• What CPU/Memory overhead does a Robot introduce to a server?

I would like to see documentation improvements in this area.

thanks

Carey

• 2.  Re: Documentation on resource overheads and requirements for robot/secondary installs.

Posted May 27, 2014 03:51 PM

I certainly agree with Carey. By the way,  So far, I found the documentation somewhat hard to navigate, the information seems to be spread around and it takes too long to find all we need. Please keep it short, to the point and without too much babbling.A point form or even better, a table carry a lot of information in a small format.

• 3.  Re: Documentation on resource overheads and requirements for robot/secondary installs.

Posted May 27, 2014 05:33 PM

+1

agree with that

• 4.  Re: Documentation on resource overheads and requirements for robot/secondary installs.

Posted Jun 02, 2014 05:12 PM

The requirements in the documentation appear to be on acid anyway :smileywink: