DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  DCIM/ecometer Template

Posted Feb 21, 2015 10:15 AM

In UIM (nimsoft) 8.1, I've created a new template using the UMP template builder - no issue. I exported the template to apply to my robot probe. After reading the help documentation that doesn't seem to be the right methodology. So, I right-clicked on the "ecometer" at the top of the tree and selected "Export Archive for Nimsoft Probe". This exported a .zip file to my %Nimsoft%\archive directory. I then stopped and started the probe on my robot, but the new template that I created is not available. On the robot server, in %Nimsoft%\probes\application\ecometer\ there is a file called "ecometerTemplates.zip" which I assume that I need to replace with my new archive file. But the new archive file has more than just templates; it has everything - calculations and functions as well as device templates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: DCIM/ecometer Template
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2015 07:01 AM

It seems that you don´t deploy the the new Template from the archiv to the ecometer probe. You can find the Template in the porbe archive where you can deploy it to the robot.

Smal Hint: The zip file include only the configuration files which are resists at the Ecometer Template Builder server under  .../probes/wasp/conf/gateway. At the probe the files resists under .../probes/application/ecometer/conf/gateway.

I´m not really sure but I think it is fixed that in older version the the archiv is not updated if the archiv resists under an separate server. But with Version 4.3 the issue should be resolved.

Alex