DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Strange utilization graphs in CA PC

Posted Feb 11, 2015 12:21 PM

HI,

I get some crazy torn off graphs of the utilization. The router and interface seem to be alright. I checked the ifUptime and it  look like interface was up all the time.

Capture.PNG

Have anyone seen it before?

Thank you!

Maria Kalinyuk

• 2.  Re: Strange utilization graphs in CA PC

Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:09 PM

That's what happens when you have the projection turned on. If this graph is from today, it's correct since everything to the right of 2/11 is future so the only thing out there is the projection.

Edit the view using the gear and turn off the projection. I wish the projections were turned off by default.

• 3.  Re: Strange utilization graphs in CA PC

Posted Feb 12, 2015 04:23 AM

Thanks for reply Stuart,I turned off the projection. But what I meant was not the dotted line, but the gaps in utilization itself.

I checked snmp settings, they seem to be ok. I have no idea what could cause that kind of behaviorCapture.PNG.

• 4.  Re: Strange utilization graphs in CA PC

Posted Feb 12, 2015 09:32 AM

Several things can cause that. Remember that SNMP rides on UDP which is an unreliable protocol. Most NMS tools (including PM2.0) have retries and timeouts to mitigate this. So, this could be as simple as packet loss that the timeout/retry couldn't recover from. Does this happen across all trends at the same time or is it limited to this one device? If limited to this one device, it could be that the device was too busy to respond. If the same gap appears across all devices, it would appear to be a problem with anything they all have in common: common poller, common link to the network where the poller resides, data aggregator, data repository, CAPC.

• 5.  Re: Strange utilization graphs in CA PC

Posted Feb 12, 2015 09:39 AM

It may help if you provided a screenshot with as-polled resolution (ie: 5-minute, 1-minute, etc.)

Along with everything Stuart suggested, one more thing to consider:

Are you using the "showGapsOnCounterRollover=true" parameter on the Data Collectors?  When this paramter is set to True and a counter wrap is detected, Performance Center will show a gap in data rather than try to calculate the wrap.

• 6.  Re: Strange utilization graphs in CA PC

Posted Feb 26, 2015 06:00 PM

Maria,
    Two different lengths of time (data in minutes) missing in first chart then hours of data missing in second chart, you have gaps that should not be caused by wrapped counters but Justin K has a point to adjust and see if the same thing continues or if see an enormous spike. You may already be seeing the best of the situation because if the spikes come in, you wouldn't see the real data any further.