DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Modifying parameters used in ADE robot deployment via USM

Posted Jul 21, 2014 07:33 AM

When bringing new customers on board, I use USM to do mass deployment of robots after the discovery agent has finished its scan (and then to install subsequent robots down the track as new servers come online)

I'm trying to find a way to modify the default parameters that ADE uses in the robot deployment.

For example, at a minimum, I would like to configure the first probe port parameter to apply to all deployments across all customers. But I would also like to be able to define the user tags on a per customer basis if possible. Is this something that can be defined in a .cfg file or settings at the customer side ADE probe?

Currently, I am using a custom package to deploy to the robots to modify these parameters on the controller probe as an additional step post robot deployment. I would like to be able to eliminate that though.

Thanks,

Paul.

• 2.  Re: Modifying parameters used in ADE robot deployment via USM

Posted Jul 21, 2014 04:17 PM

For now you would need to use the XML file import option, this allows you to setup about 50 extra robot parameters.

http://docs.nimsoft.com/prodhelp/en_US/UMP/7.6/2025210.html

• 3.  Re: Modifying parameters used in ADE robot deployment via USM

Posted Sep 04, 2014 10:16 PM

Bryan:

We are trying to deploy robot to Solaris using ADE using xml and an account with sudo access.  We have specified the sudo password parm in the XML but it is failing.  When we look at the files, the ask and input files are transferred but we don't see args file that would have come from the XML.

Any ideas?

• 4.  Re: Modifying parameters used in ADE robot deployment via USM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 10:23 AM

Did you ever get a resolution?