DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Agent Vs Agentless

Posted Sep 25, 2014 10:26 AM

Hi All,

Anyone can share link or whitepaper the different between agent and agentless in nimsoft monitor?

• 2.  Re: Agent Vs Agentless

Posted Sep 25, 2014 12:11 PM

I don't have the whitepaper, but my experience with Nimsoft has been that it's agent heavy. The agentless options are not as powerful as the agent options.

• 3.  Re: Agent Vs Agentless

Posted Sep 30, 2014 08:42 PM

Thanks for your reply Stuart. Looking for whitepaper coz customer is asking for it.

• 4.  Re: Agent Vs Agentless

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2014 08:36 PM

Agent-less monitoring

• collects information from “black box” systems such as hypervisors, SAN storage systems, network devices, SaaS, and cloud environments where no agents are permitted.

Agent-based monitoring

• provides a more detailed system view. In addition, the agent-based architecture provides spooling of performance data in disconnected environments so no data is ever lost. The average Nimsoft Monitor data collector is less than 10MB in size, and consumes less than 1% of CPU usage.

• 5.  Re: Agent Vs Agentless

Posted Jun 03, 2015 02:13 PM

I don´t have a white paper, but last week I did the evaluation of the agentless monitoring of the Oracle Database, so it might be useful.

Since some key performance indicators cannot be obtained in a remote manner, the remote monitoring complied only with an 85% of the required critical alarms.

In a remote manner, it is impossible ti detect the following:

• passing the 90 % threshold of concurrent connections to the database
    • Logins to the database have been set to restricted.

The rest of the key performance indicators succesfully are obtained in a remote manner.

• 6.  Re: Agent Vs Agentless

Posted Jun 17, 2015 12:53 AM

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope that CA will make the whitepaper/document available for Agent Vs Agentless.